Summer Concerts at Quiet Waters Park
Join the Friends of Quiet Waters Park on Saturday’s in the Summer from July 14 through August 25 for a fantastic line up of performing artists at the Annual Summer Outdoor Concert Series.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW WHEN ATTENDING
- Admission to the park is FREE during the evenings of the scheduled Concerts.
- Plan to arrive early, the close in parking tends to fill up fast.
- The Park has an awesome outdoor concert venue, make sure to bring a blanket or lawn chair.
- Remember not to park on the grass unless instructed by park staff.
- If you are bringing a pet, note that all pets must be on a leash.
- No smoking or alcoholic beverages are allowed in the Park.
- Food and Drink will be available for purchase at the event by Caliente Grill and Kona Ice. Vendors will be on the right as you face the stage.
- Make sure to Visit the Friends Table on your left as you face the stage, bubbles, temporary tattoos and other items for kids are available for a small fee.
- Make sure to purchase some raffle tickets for all the wonderful raffle items available at each concert. All proceeds benefit the Friends of Quiet Waters Park and the work we do to support the park.
Check out the line up for Summer 2018! Or download a copy here: Quiet Waters Park 2018 Summer Concert Series2018 Concert Brochure
2018 Summer Concerts at Quiet Waters Park
July 14 – Fractal Cat – Baltimore band Fractal Cat emphasizes classic songwriting, a strong vocal presence, and a multilayered psychedelic sound. Originally the solo studio endeavor of songwriter Miles Gannett, the project evolved into a six-piece rock ensemble. Fractal Cat weaves pop songs and vocal craft influenced by greats from Buddy Holly to Smokey Robinson.
July 21 – Folken Phunk Band – With them, good music is guaranteed. FolkenPhunk is an acoustic band that plays a variety of styles folk to funk… They feature such musicians as Eddie Lightner (mandolin), Vincent Pierce Smith (percussion) and Russ Gottlieb (banjo). From 90th birthday parties to festival lots, FolkenPhunk is here to give you what you need.
July 28 –Channssez and his Band – The band brings an array of outstanding local artist to bring you exceptional entertainment you’re going to love! Listen to your favorites from days past…It’ll make you get up and boogie the night away.
August 4 –Clones of Funk – First conceived by founder Wesley Beann in 1989 as a reunion of fans and musicians who were dedicated to the music of Parliament and Funkadelic. George “Dr. Funkenstein” Clinton having heard of the band was invited to witness his clones. Being moved by the talent of the band, George joined in the performance. This 8 piece band will surely have you up on your feet dancing the entire show.
August 11 – Zakke – Zakke is nine piece original band from Washington D.C. known for their Latin Fusion Style and their high-energy level performances. Zakke’s music blends the Latin rhythms with a blast of Funk, Ska, Disco and Rock beats. All together producing one strong mix of sounds and catchy lyrics, proving through dance and sweat that La Fiesta Zakke is more than just a band. It’s a PARTY!
August 18 – Guava Jelly Band – The type of music that Guava Jelly delivers is unlike most other performers. Their fun, reggae-styled children’s songs introduce audiences to new music by combining Bridgette’s Caribbean infused originals and popular old-time favorites with a stylistic twist. Their mission is to transport every young and young-at-heart person witnessing the show to a warm, white, sandy beach through their interactive and upbeat style.
August 25 – Kelly Bell Band – Voted best blues band 12 years in a row and is among the most genreexpanding acts on today’s blues scene. Who else can combine elements of hiphop, funk and blues-electrified here, Delta there, horn driven elsewhere- and still manage to sound sincere? A forward view of the way blues is transitioning in today’s scene…Bell’s an honest poet and an outstanding singer with lots to say.
September 2 – Annapolis Symphony Orchestra – The ASO is the largest performing arts organization in Anne Arundel County and the backbone of our arts community. 5:30PM-7:00PM
Let’s Thank Our Local Sponsor! Without their generous Financial Support, We might not have a Free Summer Concert Series at Quiet Waters Park!
Special thanks to our Raffle Item Donors for 2017:
- Annapolis Smokehouse & Grill
- Paddle & Peddle
- Twisted Creek Paddlesports
- Whole Foods
- Papa John’s
- Watermark Cruise
- Anne Arundel County